Subject: [Leica] WTB: 21 f3.4
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun Oct 3 16:01:47 2004

On 10/3/04 6:37 AM, "robertmeier@usjet.net" <robertmeier@usjet.net> typed:

> I also use the C/V 21/4 and the way that it particularly impresses me is by
> not flaring.   I used to have the pre-ashperic 21mm Elmarit and the C/V 21
> is better at simply not flaring, even in the most flare-prone situations.
>
> Bob

The CV glass is excellent glass.
But lets not establish that by how they compare to a pre aspheric 21mm
Elmarit.
Glass for any number of less esteemed companies fare well against the pre
aspheric.
I think during the pre aspheric era the smart Leica glass to use was the
Super Angulon 3.4 and meter hand held. I'm sure if I'd gone Leica in '83
instead of '93 I'd have gone that route.

Mark Rabiner
Photography
Portland Oregon
http://rabinergroup.com/