Subject: [Leica] Epson RD 1 - using Epson RAW plug-in to correct for vignetting with wide angle lens
From: attinasi at mac.com (Marc Attinasi)
Date: Fri Oct 1 21:20:51 2004

Wow - you mean you can use software to correct for optical 'issues'
with lenses? That is cool! An you can even store profiles of known
lenses, and use those profiles to automate the correction process? That
is just amazing ;-)

Not having to worry about vignetting allows the lens designers to
concentrate on other important characteristics of the lens, a real
plus!

Thanks for the example, I really like the colors in that picture - very
subtle and beautiful.

Cheers!
- marc