Subject: [Leica] Billingham Alice bag
From: feli2 at earthlink.net (feli)
Date: Fri Oct 1 16:44:45 2004

On Oct 1, 2004, at 4:24 PM, Mark Rabiner wrote:

> I'm big on Billingham now.
>
> A few days ago at the corner pro shop I bought an Alice bag which was
> being
> priced. On consignment.
> 75 bucks! Plus it had a matching pouch on each side!
> Turns out like I guessed the AVEA pouches themselves don't cost 75
> bucks
> each new but 50. Close enough!

I have one of these. Best damn M bag on the planet. But you're right.
You
have to watch out what street you're walking down on the way to the
country
club, so as the riffraff doesn't assault you. New from the shop, the
bag looks
like something from the COACH store and wouldn't look out of place in
Town and Country magazine. Cheers and tally ho indeed. BUT I've had mine
for about three years now and have abused it relentlessly. It's got
stains,
some coffee, some my blood, and scratches and although it still has that
look that says "stiff upper lip", it now looks more like something that
wouldn't look out of place in a group shot of the Desert Rats, rather
than a country estate.

Feli

feli2@earthlink.net
www.elanphotos.com