Subject: [Leica] Photokina - Film Dinosaur Button
From: timatherton at theedge.ca (Tim Atherton)
Date: Thu Sep 30 08:57:17 2004

> Interesting, Bob - But I hardly think Hermes and its boutiques are going
> to have any impact what so ever on who does or does not produce film,
> and on what the "outcome" of film v. digital will be. For Gds sake, Bob,
> that battle is over, finished. Digital IS the dominant medium already,
> and will only grow stronger.

In the light of the demise of Ilford (and - among many other things their
being somewhat caught off-guard by the much more rapid decline in film use
over the last year) Kodak has also responded in time for Photokina that film
sales dropped by 50% more than their (or most other manufacturers)
projections over the same time period.

Film IS going very very quickly

Even an M toting film shooting dinosaur like Bill Allard is finding he is
having to go digital....

tim