Subject: [Leica] R 60mm and 50mm depth of field differences?
From: leica_korenman at hotmail.com (eric)
Date: Mon Sep 27 16:37:04 2004

I shoot most of my portraiture work with a R body (R7, now a R8 - the 'I'm
in love thread').
I have two lenses which serve me well - a 60mm macro and 100 APO macro.
The 60mm gets the lion's share of use.
see:

A recent shoot involved a child who has a hyperactivity disorder and who had
a very difficult time sitting still.
Lots of blurred and near miss focus shots.
Here is a near miss focus shot with the 60mm:
http://www.faneuil.net/meisberger/pages/crop0011.htm
I keep replaying this shot in my head and wishing to the great god of manual
focus that I hadn't focused on her ears instead of her eyes!

Got me thinking about trying out a vanilla 50mm summicron.
What is minimum focus for this lens?
Is depth of field for similar f stop settings at similar distances quite
different ? (possibly a question that reveals my stupidity - but it needed
asking..)

Eric

Replies: Reply from dorysrus at mindspring.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] R 60mm and 50mm depth of field differences?)
Reply from jcb at visualimpressions.com (JCB) ([Leica] Re: R 60mm and 50mm depth of field differences?)