Subject: [Leica] FA-1027?
From: feli at creocollective.com (Feli di Giorgio)
Date: Mon Sep 27 15:42:54 2004

A while back I picked up a bottle of FA-1027 from Fine Art Photo Supply.
The advertising for this developer is on the bombastic side, as are their
newsletters, but after developing about 10-15 rolls of TX400 in this stuff,
I'm starting to think that this may actually be a surprisingly good
developer.
Negs seem to have a rather linear response in the middle values and the roll
off in the highlights is impressive. It also holds good shadow detail Grain
is fine, but not mushy. I found it difficult to overdevelop the negs in
general.
For some reason this developer reminds me of the results I was getting when I
was playing around with HC-110...

Anyone else use this stuff?

http://www.fineartphotosupply.com/FA1027%20Developer.htm

Feli