Subject: [Leica] was students.../brainstorm/selling Leicas...
From: philippe.orlent at ldv.be (Philippe Orlent)
Date: Mon Sep 27 02:18:48 2004

There was once a Filofax campaign that showed the used Filofaxes of
illustrous people, see
http://www.luerzersarchive.net/workinarchive.asp?person=7749

It was extremely effective.

Why not run an ad campaign with grand pictures taken with a Leica,
mentioning the name of the (illustrous) photographer + a packshot of the
camera used (even if battered up) + the red dot?

I'm sure this will bring Leica back in the picture. If needed.

About the prices issue: 2500$ to 4000$ for a camera + lens is indeed an
awful lot of money.
But it also sends a clear message: only buy this if you REALLY want it.
If you really want something, you're willing to pay this kind of amounts.
And I don't think this limits it to "the smoking jacket types".
After all, people also buy home cinema systems, computers, ... of about that
price, too.