Subject: [Leica] Leica donation to students
From: jklu at sas.upenn.edu (Jeffrey Lu)
Date: Sun Sep 26 10:46:46 2004

I agree with Karen here.  As a student who's attended a couple of those
elite schools and still is stuck in one, I've had many friends who
could rather easily afford Leica gear.  And most see more logic in a
set of spinning rims than a body+2 lenses+100 rolls of film.  My status
on these campuses has always been more defined by my car than my
photos.

As for the prospects of film, my current photo class was on the verge
of being cancelled (and it's a sizeable school), and as for the people
taking these classes: everyone (even my professors) has been stunned to
hear that I consistently shoot more than 3~4 rolls/week and even more
so when informed that the trend existed during summer.  My Leica gear
is interesting for a couple minutes to a few, but I suspect, to others,
it makes me a bit of an ass.

Jeff