Subject: [Leica] Google and Lots of Other Nouns Have Become Verbs
From: richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard F. Man)
Date: Thu Sep 23 21:38:25 2004

At 06:25 PM 9/23/2004, Peter Klein wrote:
>Reminds me of the time in the '80s when I worked for a few months at a
>Certain Large Software Company which shall be referred to
>euphemistically.  I was documenting new edition of an already  popular
>symbolic code debugger for yet another computer language.  One of my
>cardinal principles as a tech writer is to write plain English, eschewing
>obfuscatory technobabble and geekspeak.  I made the mistake of referring
>to the product by name.  I wrote things like, "...when you press the "R"
>key, CodeCrunch will run the program."

Don't be so coy, you are obviously referring to MicroSquish (TM), the
biggest software company in the world, owned by Wilhelm H. Door III. One
thing I learn from Bill Plauger was to write in 2nd person, as in "you
press the 'R' key to tell MicroSquish they suck egg." It looks weird at
first, but it makes for very concise and direct manual.

So which island off the Puget Sound do you own, along w/ your gold plated
Lecias?

use richard at imagecraft.com)