Subject: [Leica] bigger IS better!!
From: richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard F. Man)
Date: Sun Sep 26 13:50:29 2004

For years, I have been making 8x10 prints (from the inkjet) since they are
big enough for me. As some of you may remember, I like to take pictures of
costumers, and 8x10 serve fine for that function - if any costumers were to
buy any prints, 8x10 is as large as they want (or afford since they spend
all their money on costuming materials!) Another photog though, loves to
print 11x14 and 13x19. He uses the behemoth 1Ds (the interesting thing is
that while he has nice zoom lens, he is now mainly using prime like the
35/1.4 and 85/1.4 to get the "highest quality"). I think the 13x19" are
sort of too big. Especially when he carries two 13x19 portfolio AND his 1Ds
around. Definitely would build up arm muscles.

11x14 - now that's something else. I print some this weekend. Most of them
are Provia 100F slides taken with the M7. Wow! Bigger is better. Nice
impact. Very clean. Not much grain. Just the perfect size to carry around
in portfolios.

use richard at imagecraft.com)

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] bigger IS better!!)