Subject: [Leica] new 1ds mark II
From: bladman99 at yahoo.ca (Dan C)
Date: Tue Sep 21 13:20:34 2004

Is 16.7 mp even required?   My dealer showed me two well made prints on
13x19 paper of the same subject shot by a 6mp Canon 10D and an 11 mp Canon
1Ds.  They were indistinguishable to me, and, I was told, to everyone else
who made the same comparison.   And they both looked stunning, by the way.
 So why 16.7mp?   Is this just a marketing scam?  When does it stop?

-dan c.