Subject: [Leica] new 1ds mark II
From: bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Tue Sep 21 12:44:04 2004

First, a humble apology - You're right about the cards - I wasn't
thinking of that ludicrous file size. On the other hand, no one is going
to use that thing for PJ banging off shots machine gun style.

And when you start to talk about trusting one drive, etc, you seem to be
assuming that someone is starting from absolute scratch - which I can't
imagine someone going for this camera doing.

And I'm comparing it to the Leica back because you made the comment
about its price in comparison to the Leica.

But hey, Feli, I'm not trying to get into a brawl with you over this or
anything else. Frankly, I can't imagine why anyone would want this
thing, unless they're now shooting 2 1/4 and mostly doing studio
work...As far as I'm concerned, most of my work can be easily done with
a 5-6 mgp camera. After that, it's all gravy.