Subject: [Leica] Help with photo scanner and photo imaging software
From: achurak at mindspring.com (achurak@mindspring.com)
Date: Mon Sep 20 12:07:14 2004

I would like your advice on getting a hardware scanner for inputting
    medium format negatives and chromes into my PC.

    The negative / chrome size would be 6 x 6 cm and 6 x 7 cm.
    I would like your thoughts on what photo imaging software
    to use also.

    I am using existing Intel PCs' with available USB port support and
    Microsoft OS of Windows 98 first edition and Windows 2000.

    Do I have to be running Adobe Photoshop CS to use this hardware ?
    I am currently running IrfanView software to view and
    adjust the existing photo CD's that I have.

    I have been looking at the scanners of Microtek
    ( Scanmaker 6800, Scanmaker 6100 pro ), and Epson
    ( 4870 photo and Perfection 4870 pro ).

    I would be open to suggestions on other models available
    in the $ 140 to $ 600 price range.

    I would like to thank the LUG group in advance for there help.

    Thanks,

     Andrew

Replies: Reply from DouglasMSharp at netscape.net (Douglas M. Sharp) ([Leica] Help with photo scanner and photo imaging software)