Subject: [Leica] Re: Ford & F1 Jaguar
From: grduprey at rockwellcollins.com (grduprey@rockwellcollins.com)
Date: Mon Sep 20 07:14:22 2004

William

I see women and men here in the states trimming their lawn and garden
plants with manicure scissors all the time.  whats so special about that?
certainly not a German thing.

Gene

|---------+-------------------------------------------------------->
|         |           "William G. Lamb, III"                       |
|         |           <lambroving@worldnet.att.net>                |
|         |           Sent by:                                     |
|         |           lug-bounces+grduprey=rockwellcollins.com@leic|
|         |           a-users.org                                  |
|         |                                                        |
|         |                                                        |
|         |           09/19/2004 05:41 PM                          |
|         |           Please respond to Leica Users Group          |
|         |                                                        |
|---------+-------------------------------------------------------->

>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |

  |       To:       Leica Users Group <lug@leica-users.org>
              |
  |       cc:
              |
  |       Subject:  RE: [Leica] Re: Ford & F1 Jaguar
              |

>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Kit,

Yours is the point I believe I was trying to make. The employees
in Portugal are probably well-paid by their standards and whether
or not they are motivated depends on the attitude and expectations
of the management in Solms. (There is nothing wrong with any of
my Canadian gear either, BTW.) If no one in Solms was concerned
with QC, then Emanuel could be justified in his concerns. German
workers are no guarantee of quality either, but only in Germany have
I seen someone trimming their little garden plot with manicure
scissors, if you get my drift! :-)

And..., that lady who did the sewing on my M7 and MP shutter
curtains had better be damned good, or you are in BIG trouble! :-)

Regards,

William

At 04:22 PM 09/19/2004 -0600, you wrote:
>Are we saying that people in Portugal aren't capable of creating quality
>products? Pul-eez. I'd find that more than a bit distasteful if I were a
>Portuguese LUGger. I find it so and I'm not from Portugal at all!
>
>There is no difference in quality between what is manufactured in Leica's
>Portugal facility, and what is manufactured in its German facilities.
>Portugal has been manufacturing some of the finest products in the Leica
>lineup for nearly, if not more than, thirty years. In fact, of the
>complaints I hear about Leica prodcuts, most of those are about products
>made in Germany, not in Portugal. Maybe that has more to do with the
>complainers than the actual products themselves.
>
>This kind of argument might have had some currency at one time, but now,
no.
>And go ahead and accuse me of being PC; I don't really care. Besides,
there
>are quite a few women working in the Portugal facility. So watch out! ;-)
>
>Kit

Of