Subject: Fish (WAS: [Leica] Lost Faith in Leica) (Nathan Wajsman)
From: dorysrus at mindspring.com (Don Dory)
Date: Sun Sep 19 17:55:38 2004

Karen,
Despite some new research about prions in the muscle portion of infected
animals; most of the research indicates no issues with muscle based
meat.  You just want to avoid central nervous system bits and pieces.
Sausage would not be a good idea from an unknown source, but a nice bit
of smoked tenderloin would be quite good.

Also, if you know your hunter friend, you have to assume that he/she
would not take down a sick "downer" animal.

Paranoia is sometimes useful, just know the facts.

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com