Subject: [Leica] Re: Ford & F1 Jaguar
From: leicagalpal at earthlink.net (Kit McChesney)
Date: Sun Sep 19 15:23:20 2004

Are we saying that people in Portugal aren't capable of creating quality
products? Pul-eez. I'd find that more than a bit distasteful if I were a
Portuguese LUGger. I find it so and I'm not from Portugal at all!

There is no difference in quality between what is manufactured in Leica's
Portugal facility, and what is manufactured in its German facilities.
Portugal has been manufacturing some of the finest products in the Leica
lineup for nearly, if not more than, thirty years. In fact, of the
complaints I hear about Leica prodcuts, most of those are about products
made in Germany, not in Portugal. Maybe that has more to do with the
complainers than the actual products themselves.

This kind of argument might have had some currency at one time, but now, no.
And go ahead and accuse me of being PC; I don't really care. Besides, there
are quite a few women working in the Portugal facility. So watch out! ;-)

Kit