Subject: [Leica] OT: new scam?
From: ianmartin at earthlink.net (Ian Martin)
Date: Sun Sep 19 12:46:04 2004

I got one (in bad, choppy English) asking me to videotape a reverend's
birthday in Florida and would I accept cashiers checks. It felt weird and
off the wall so I disregarded it. I'm definitely not a videographer, and
there was nothing in the email that suggested any sort of real connection to
me or what I do. I thought it was a scam. I know of a person who was lured
to Europe to photograph a dream assignment. All his equipment was provided
for him. Turns out, it was packed with drugs and he spent some time in jail
over there while the people who "hired" him vanished. I'm willing to bet
there are other people on this forum who know this story too.
-Ian