Subject: [Leica] All bets are off
From: dorysrus at mindspring.com (Don Dory)
Date: Fri Sep 17 19:41:45 2004

Dave,
For professional use, digital is disposable.  As new technologies come
about, you pick them up or lose business.  What only five years ago the
D1 was the hot ticket, just this year the D2H was the professional tool.
Now, by December, the D2X will do everything the D2H does but with at
least 50% more resolution.

As to late introductions, the D100 was announced at PMA in very early
March and you couldn't get one till around Christmas time.

I am quite content to shoot with antique cameras.  But I don't have a
deadline, I don't have an art director on my back, and I only have to
please my own sensibilities.

0.02

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com