Subject: [Leica] All bets are off
From: bladman99 at yahoo.ca (Dan C)
Date: Fri Sep 17 19:19:14 2004

I know it's difficult to judge digital quality from a magazine
reproduction, but the #6 issue this year of Leica Fotographie has some
sample photos (printed in the magazine at 305 dpi using a new printing
process called "crystal rastor technology") taken with the R digital back
that are really stunning.  If 10mp is capable of this, I really doubt that
12 or 16 or 279 mp will be much of an improvement.

-dan c.