Subject: [Leica] LEICA Viewfinder Magnifier 1,25x
From: dorysrus at mindspring.com (Don Dory)
Date: Fri Sep 17 18:51:11 2004

Luis,
Let me add to John's comments.  I use the 1.25 very frequently on both a
0.72 M6 and an M3.  On the M6 it lets me use the 75 Summilux with ease
and with my glasses I see just the 50/75 combination with the usual room
around the edges to see what is going on.  Like John I also use the 24
without a finder and guess at the added coverage over the 28 lines.

On the M3 using the 1.25 I see what the 75 Summilux sees with almost no
room at the edges.  The 90 lines act like the normal 50 w/o magnifier
and the 135 lines become quite useable with a 135 F3.5 wide open.

What the 1.25 does is move a finder set up one magnification.  This is
quite a good thing as it is much less expensive than another body.

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com