Subject: [Leica] Digilux digressions and dioramas part II, the beginning
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed Sep 15 08:38:02 2004

The Oscar Barnack tie-ins throws me.
We are commemorating his birthday.
Not death day or day he invented the Leica.

But he wasn't born in 1904 otherwise he would have been 9 when he came out
with the first UR prototype. Just like Mozart writing his first symphony!
Big deal!

But Barnack was not a prodigy type from what I can tell.

So what we are looking at is the 125th birthday of Barnack!!
Which would make that 1879.
Which by the way is a year not a day.
Nowhere can I find what his birthday was. Just year.

Anyway I think 100 is a nice round number.
So is 200
So is maybe 50. Your golden wedding anniversary.
Maybe on a stretch 150.
But 125?

I've got to get out my pocket calculator to find out when Oscar was born.

I think they should have come up with another nice number.
    Which added or multiplied up to be 2004.
And was much ROUNDER!

Mark Rabiner
Photography
Portland Oregon