Subject: [Leica] Canon 135/3.5 lens
From: DouglasMSharp at netscape.net (Douglas M. Sharp)
Date: Wed Sep 15 08:33:18 2004

Ken,
I've had this lens for quite a while, I've used it on a IIIG, a Canon P
and a Canon 7 and various
CV - bodies.
IMO, apart from it being extremely heavy, a decent, very sturdy
construction with
good coated glass. The iris (14 leaves) forms a virtually perfect round
aperture so your "bokeh"
is pretty good too. The general impression on film is of a very good ,
but not excellent lens.

OK I'm comparing it with the 135/2.8 Leica-M, which is really comparing
apples with pears.

I've only found one problem with it - if I'm shooting against the light
the results tend to have a bluish haze. Maybe the coating is no longer
what it was.
There were a couple of variations to this lens, I have the all chrome
version (#53905), from the weight of it it must have been machined out
of solid brass.
BTW the blue haze is easily removed in PS
Cheers
Douglas