Subject: [Leica] D2 & grayscale
From: bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Wed Sep 8 08:24:16 2004

Nice try, Oliver.

-----Original Message-----
From: lug-bounces+bdcolen=earthlink.net@leica-users.org
Oliver
Sent: Wednesday, September 08, 2004 11:18 AM
To: Users Group Leica

Ted wrote:
"Oliver Bryk asked:
Subject: [Leica] D2 b&w

> Does the manual for the D2 describe how the b&w rendering works? Does
> it remove the chroma akin to the Wratten #90 viewing filter?
> Desaturate the image as in P/S?<<<

Hi Oliver,
I looked in the Digilux 2 manual and it doesn't appear to explain
anything of this nature.

Merely directions of "how to set."

ted"

Thanks, Ted. I subsequently sent a request for detailed technical
information on the grayscale processing in the D2 to Leica. Dave
Elwell's reply follows:

"Mr. Bryk
 I'm sorry to say but Germany does not release how it is done in the
Digilux 2. You will have to search the internet for the basic process.
This link http://dpfwiw.com/b&w.htm  has some basic information. Also
search for signal processing in digital cameras..

Dave Elwell
Leica Camera Inc. / Parts & Technical Info
156 Ludlow Ave / Northvale, NJ 07647
www.leica-camera.com/usa
dave.elwell@leicacamerausa.com
Tel 800-222-0118 ext 217 / Fax 201-767-3438"