Subject: [Leica] Leica Digilux 2 @ 1600 :-)
From: DouglasMSharp at netscape.net (Douglas M. Sharp)
Date: Fri Sep 3 00:08:50 2004

Guten Tag Ted,
That IS an interesting discovery, I tried something similar with my
EOS300D/Digital Rebel at the weekend, I suppose it must work in the same
way.
I was shooting in a very dim chapel of remembrance in Berlin and was
getting shutter speeds
too slow for hand holding and didn't have a tripod with me. Shooting in
RAW mode at 400 ASA I deliberately underexposed in manual metering mode
and then corrected the image
in Canons File viewer Facility (which allows the pre-processing of RAW
images) to get
back to the shutter speed I would have had to use according to the
automatic mode.
The shot turned out IMO better than I expected (within limits)
see
http://gallery.leica-users.org/New-Old-Pictures/Ged_chtnis_1

I also read in a German photo publication that the ASA/ISO setting of
100 is not necessarily better than
at 200, though I didn't quite understand why, they even suggest avoiding
the lowest value.
In addition, shooting with higher ASA values, at least with the Canon,
seems to make the files larger - any ideas/explanations on this count?
greetings from sunny Northern Germany.
Douglas