Subject: [Leica] Re: Unintended flare test of 90mm Elmarit-M
From: nbeddoe at lehman.com (Beddoe, Neil)
Date: Thu Sep 2 05:09:58 2004

I think this happens because just-out-of-frame light sources create a light
patch on the inside of the barrel which shows up as a broad flare patch on
the film.  You can see the effect with the lens off the camera, pointing
slightly away from the sun.  My 50mm Summicron does this as well:
http://www.leica-gallery.net/beddoe/image-40304.html.

Neil