Subject: [Leica] lenses without digital thread
From: leicaman at lakebreeze.org (Gary Klein)
Date: Tue Aug 31 23:12:35 2004

I really don't think it really is that big of a deal to have the 1.3 to
1.5x. Yes you do lose on the short end, but make up for it on the long end.
A friend of mine had his 300 f2.8 and 600mm f4 Nikkors chipped and now is
having a blast with his 450mm and 900mm equivalent lenses on his D100. He
does wildlife photography and its a great addition to his photographic kit.

At work I use Canon eos 1d bodies currently and I have never really missed
the full frame.  There are times the 16~35 is not wide enough, but its not
the end of the world as we know it.  Once you put in your mind that it is
the tool that you use to make photos and learn all about the available
options you just make images with it.

Don't get me wrong, I still use my Leica M and my Nikon F cameras with film
(mainly black and white).  But in the professional world, digital is where
it is at.  I am glad to see Leica introduce a back, so that R lens users can
take advantage of the great lenses without having to resort to adapters and
shooting at picture taking aperature.

gck

Replies: Reply from bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] lenses without digital thread)