Subject: [Leica] Sony dig sans stick slugs sockets
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue Aug 31 21:29:16 2004

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0408/sony/dscv3frontback.jpg

I notice this Gorgeous Sony just came out from the DP preview which I check
every five minutes in case something happens.

A few interesting things about it which I thought my be worth mentioning
here.

First of all they mention the "HUGE" 2.5 screen like it's some new thing
that hasn't been used on the Digilux 1 years ago and now of course the
Digilux 2.
And which seems to be this years big manufactures revelation.
That digital shooters love a big screen to look over their catch with. And
show their friends. And to help them in the shooting process in the first
place.

Second of all the camera is even more gorgeous than typical Sony styling
which is normally as gorgeous as it gets.
I'm sorry but silver digital cameras are hard to not be ugly.

Third of all "Zeiss Variable Sonnar" ain't Leica but I'll take in in a
pinch.

Although this new Kodak DX7590 came out last week with Schneider KREUZNACH
emblazoned on top of it puts a shiver down my back.

Are these guys really making those lenses for these people or are they send
sending over a diagram with some glass formulas? If that much?

Or just they typeface for their logo's?

Forth I forgot. Three is good.

Oh I just remembered:
It's got a a Compact Flash slot.
Memory sticks been the Achilles heel of Sony digital for years.
Half the speed and memory of an SD card for twice the money.
It's logarithmically problematical.
>From my calculations which I'd check yourself.

And the SD cards are
Half the speed and memory of an CompactFlash card for twice the money.

Compact flash is the way to go for a serioious digital camera is really
getting to be the realized case.
    Unless they're going to have a little groove in there for Pan F.
And 7.2 megapixel for 702 bucks. A penny a pixels cant be beat. Or is it a
penny a ten pixels?
Or bushels a peck?

Although I think Sony has a five megapixel for 300 bucks to the tune of.

Mark Rabiner
Photography
Portland Oregon
http://rabinergroup.com/