Subject: [Leica] Re: Canon digital equivalent to R7 and 100mm APO?
From: scott at adrenaline.com (Scott McLoughlin)
Date: Sat Aug 28 20:08:58 2004

I scan film as well, and different lenses have a certain
"character" which seems to show up in the scans (also
at 2K or 4K resolution on a Nikon Coolscan V).

But your interesting comments raise a question in my
mind.

What quality or type or size of wet print should we
expect to reveal the fine optical quality of a Leica
lens?  That is, in an optimal (film, tripod, etc.) or
in an "all-else-being-equal" setting.

Scott