Subject: [Leica] Re: Canon digital equivalent to R7 and 100mm APO?
From: images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley)
Date: Sat Aug 28 19:56:14 2004

At 08:58 AM 8/28/2004, you wrote:
>That said, at the end of day looking back, when I select the favorite images
>from my body of work, the Leica ones are usually the front runners.  Has
>nothing to do with performance of the lens.  Probably more the mindset I'm
>in when using my Leica.
>--
>Eric

I feel the same way, Eric.  I took both film and digital cameras to
Honduras but my way of working with each is totally different.  With the
digital, I blaze away sometimes not even looking through the camera.  With
the Leica M's, I'm very slow and deliberate, carefully watching and
framing.  It's partly the feel of the cameras and viewfinders, partly
immediate feedback of digital, partly the expense of film and knowledge
that every frame will have to be developed, mounted, and scanned.  The
resulting photos are very different.  I wouldn't say one is always better
than the other, just different.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
www.tinamanley.com