Subject: [Leica] Daniel and The Studio Lights
From: daniel.ridings at muspro.uio.no (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Fri Aug 27 04:48:14 2004

> I now use a small Bowens rechargable pack which is great for actually
> mixing
> and balancing with ambient light on location... A personal favorite
> technique and style of mine.

Thanks Greg. I had a strong feeling that my way of doing things would also
get along better with less, but I just didn't know enough about this
stuff. I've only used a 100 (b/w) film once in the last ... I don't know
how many years ... and I see that many studio people do. So I was figuring
that faster films might very well make up for the difference in raw power.

I'll probably follow Simon's advice and rent a couple of set ups before I
buy some "available light" (not available to me right now). :)

Daniel

PS: I picked up a roll of Provia, but we've had mostly rain the last
couple of days ... so it's been 1600 film in the camera. I'll get to that
roll of Fujichrome over the weekend. It will be interesting because the
slower speed will require wider stops. We'll see how the vignetting does.
I'll mix some situations (cloudy, landscape, broad daylight etc etc). I'm
anxious to get the film I have processed tonight.