Subject: [Leica] Three portraits
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Thu Aug 26 11:18:35 2004

Don,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts.

I think the Photoshop work you are suggesting (fixing the smile for
example) is beyond my current ability...and perhaps it's an alteration
I'm not comfortable with. I know in portrait photography it's possible
to move faces, expressions from image to image in order to make a
composite whole from a series of images.

For some reason I'm uncomfortable with this - not technically - but
just thinking about it I find myself squirming. I will have to think
about how this informs me both about my work and about myself but
somehow when I make an image I think it needs a kind of structural
consistancy that is complete within itself.

Well, clearly I have to ponder this.

I say this not to argue or to take away from ANY of the suggestions
you have made which I value highly.

Best regards,

Adam