Subject: [Leica] Ilford chapter 11?
From: fmaturana at euskalnet.net (Félix López de Maturana)
Date: Wed Aug 25 15:36:07 2004

>BUT...Most professional 120 use is based on the quality requirements of
>magazines. And the question then is not whether the 120 backs will
>become affordable; rather, it is whether 35 full-frame digital cameras,
>such as the EOS1Ds and the Kodak, can provide image quality on a par
>with 120 film. If they can, then the cost of 120 backs becomes
>irrelevant and 120 becomes irrelevant. There is also the question of
>whether smaller sensors in DSLRs, used at 50 iso, will produce such
>clean images that they, too, can eliminate the need for 120. I wouldn't
>be investing in Hasselblad OR Imacon right now.

BD

Last year I've presented some samples for a book of urban sculpture to the
city council. Samples were from 4x5 Linhof, 120 Hasselblad "and" EOS 1Ds
pictures. All in photographic paper of 30x40cm aproximately. I was really
surprised whe the culture man, in fact a woman, did choose the pictures from
the EOS. For me -one thousand pictures- was cheaper and more comfortable.
The job was delivered and, though I'm a amateur, the money I've got payed my
EOS 1Ds that then become autofinaced, So for me the replay is yes, the 35
full frame digital camera provide, at least, same quality than 120. Well
it's not my opinion but my custommer opinion.

Felix

PS. The book is not yet on the street. As we use to say "las cosas de
palacio van despacio", that's: official matters go slowly...Of course my 120
cameras are gathering dust.