Subject: [Leica] Re: OT: Question for professional (digital) sports photographers
From: fmaturana at euskalnet.net (Félix López de Maturana)
Date: Thu Aug 26 15:13:17 2004

>For those of you who use digital cameras professionally to shoot sporting
>events, typically what resolution do you shoot at?  For example, if using
>the Canon D1-S, do you use it at 11mp, or at a smaller resolution?
>
>-dan c.

Dan, the EOS 1Ds is a not at all a typical camera for sports beeing too
slow. You get 3 frames per second and the buffer of the camera is very soon
overflowedl. Every sport photographer is right now firing with either a EOS
1D MkII forty pictures at 8.5 fps -if my memore still work- or a Nikon D2H
with similar figures. Seeing the pictures from Feli ir seems to me that
Nikon future, at least in sport field, is very bad. Myself after many years
of using Nikon switched toi the 1Ds. But for my pleasure I use still my M7.

Felix