Subject: [Leica] Re: Riefenstahl now the IOC
From: lowiemanuel at yahoo.ca (Emanuel Lowi)
Date: Wed Aug 25 07:44:35 2004

Don Dory wrote:

> You do not want to get me started about the IOC,
> nasty, filthy old men,
> lechers, and corruption.  I had an opportunity to
> see up close an
> personnel with these farts starting at the top and
> have nothing good to
> say about any of them.

I suspect you are correct about them being a bunch of
high-rolling low-lives.

However, neither the IOC of 1936 nor the IOC of today
is comprised of Nazis, and that's the essential point
here.

This discussion is starting to remind me of that scene
in Shakespeare's Julius Caesar where the mob mistakes
Cinna the poet for Cinna the conspirator. When the
error is pointed out to the mob (by Cinna the poet),
they decide that they may as well kill him anyway, for
his bad poetry.

Once the urge to hate (viz. the various reactions to
Riefenstahl) is unleashed, some people have just got
to find themselves a victim.

Emanuel Lowi
Montreal

Replies: Reply from mlpowell at sbcglobal.net (Matthew Powell) ([Leica] Re: Riefenstahl now the IOC)