Subject: [Leica] Re Riefenstahl
From: lowiemanuel at yahoo.ca (Emanuel Lowi)
Date: Wed Aug 25 07:57:11 2004

B. D. Colen wrote:

> Great idea! A discussion about Leica film cameras -
> historical artifacts
> from the dying age of film. And we can, of course,
> talk about the bygone
> age when Leica made produced top quality equipment,
> as opposed to the
> current age when they apparently can't even produce
> a 50 mm lens without
> having mechanical problems in the first batch. ;-)

B.D.! God love you, you s**t-disturber! Imagine -- a
forum for discussing LEICA FILM cameras! How quaint.
Is this some lurid fantasy of yours?

In Luis Bunuel's film, "The Discrete Charm of the
Bourgeoisie," a group of people gather for an elegant
dinner party. Except there is no dining at the dining
table. If you want to eat, you must go hide yourself
in the toilet, seated there with your plate of food
balanced on your lap.

The LUG is often like that. Talk of Leica --
especially B.D.'s "historical artifacts from the dying
age of film" -- and film itself, is become taboo.
Anything else, though, goes swimmingly.

Pity poor Oskar and old Ernst. They were good Germans.

Emanuel lowi
Montreal