Subject: [Leica] Leni Riefenstahl
From: nathan.wajsman at planet.nl (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Tue Aug 24 20:55:08 2004

Whether or not she was technically a member of the Nazi party in the
sense of having a membership card and having paid her membership dues is
an irrelevant issue (just as it was with Hamsun in Norway). She WAS a
Nazi and gave everything she had in her (artistically) to the Nazis.
Sure, she did not kill anyone or smash any windows during the
Krystallnacht, but that was not her role in the machinery. As for later
repentence, can you show me any record of it?

Nathan