Subject: [Leica] how Cornell Capa got his name
From: feli at creocollective.com (Feli di Giorgio)
Date: Tue Aug 24 12:37:00 2004

On Tue, 2004-08-24 at 12:20, B. D. Colen wrote:
> While I am truly sorry to see Ilford fall on the scrap heap of history,
> perhaps it's approaching the time when not a few LUG members ought to
> tie on their bibs and tuck into big black birds. I am referring of
> course to those who repeatedly said that I and a few others who said we
> were witnessing the end of the age of film were quite stupid at best,
> and deranged at worst. ;-)
>
> Not that I'd ever say 'I told you so.' :-)

I think it would be more accurate to say that the days of the large
film producing companies like Kodak, Ilford, Agfa and Fuji are numbered.
I think it is a fair bet that color film will mostly be dead in less
than 5 years. Black/white production will shift to small companies like
EFKE, who will continue to supply the die hards with a limited selection
of stocks, but prices will most likely go up.

Maybe Kodak or Fuji will continue to sell a very limited line up, although
I think that is very also very unlikely in light of having met a few Kodak
bean counters.

Feli

Replies: Reply from bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] how Cornell Capa got his name)