Subject: [Leica] PAWs Aug 15 and 22
From: banacloj at mac.com (Juan Gea-Banacloche)
Date: Mon Aug 23 01:55:20 2004

These are slides (Elite Chrome 200) with the SL. One big storm a couple
of weeks ago allowed me to try the 400mm Telyt from inside our living
room, looking at the balcony and the neighboring trees.
The first one I guess is boring for most people, but I got *almost* the
effect I wanted with an exposure of 1/2 sec. (Very heavy rain).
http://gallery.leica-users.org/JGB-Leica-PAW-Project/PAW_20040815a
The "almost" is that I would like the trajectories of the rebounding
drops to show better. When I try to do it through "levels" in PS, the
white of the parapet gets completely washed out. If someone knows how
to get this image more effectively the next time it rains, I would
appreciate the tip.
The second may be an example of nice bokeh, or maybe not. Same storm,
same lens.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/JGB-Leica-PAW-Project/PAW_20040815b
The following morning everything was wet-- this is a lonely leaf on a
marble table at a restaurant in downtown Bethesda:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/JGB-Leica-PAW-Project/PAW_20040822
Same roll, this time with the Super-Angulon 21mm at f:8.

Comments and criticism are welcome. Thanks for looking.

Juan

Replies: Reply from aaron.sandler at duke.edu (Aaron Sandler) ([Leica] PAWs Aug 15 and 22)
Reply from nathan.wajsman at planet.nl (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] PAWs Aug 15 and 22)
Reply from phong at doan-ltd.com (Phong) ([Leica] PAWs Aug 15 and 22)