Subject: [Leica] Re:Do you like a rookie [R-D1]
From: DouglasMSharp at netscape.net (Douglas M. Sharp)
Date: Sun Aug 22 07:51:11 2004

Yes Don,
Although I've been up to my neck in high resolution seismic processing
for the last few decades, to be
honest I didn't really think of the application of Nyquist to this
problem, now I see that it
fits here too.
Seems to me that this is the same problem we have when comparing
analogue and digitally
recorded music too, CD's just can't get the sampling frequency to record
the true smooth sound spectrum, as soon as you  sample digitally  your
spectrum is bound to be "jagged" in sample steps - QED no ambience =
cold hard music.

Apparently Leica are also thinking along the lines of corrective
software for some inherent
sensor problems.

BTW I heard a nasty rumour that some manufacturers are actually making
lenses with reduced resolving power
too- I wonder.
thanks for pointing me along the right road
Douglas