Subject: [Leica] beater cameras
From: feli at creocollective.com (Feli di Giorgio)
Date: Thu Aug 19 11:49:17 2004

>     I'd say for quite a few years. My IIIf RD from the mid-1950s also
> suffers from chrome flaking, as does my 1949 IIIc.

I have a IIIc, which according to the serial number, is from the first
batch they made after the war. I picked it up for $250 bucks with the
original Elmar 3.5/50 and added a SBOOI bright line finder I picked up
while in Germany. The owner said it sat around pretty much unused since
she had bought it, so it was nearly perfect when I got it. I sent it out
for a CLA and it runs like a charm. I love it because it's so small and
simple. The Elmar is pretty good, but I'm looking for a collapsible
Cron.

Feli

Replies: Reply from surrealistic at cox.net (Curtis Fant) ([Leica] beater cameras)
Reply from mak at teleport.com (Mark Kronquist) ([Leica] Word from Kodak Rep End of Color Infrared Soon)