Subject: [Leica] Erics PAW 33 Spitting
From: aaron.sandler at duke.edu (Aaron Sandler)
Date: Thu Aug 19 10:58:14 2004

Eric,

That's quite an amazing fountain.  Is that a painting, or some kind of
projection?  It's hard to imagine the fountain costing $300million, but I
guess you never know!

You asked for comments, so here goes:

It's a good shot for showing the fountain.  All of the foreground provides
a very good perspective on the fountain area, but there's a lot of empty
space in the photo.  Part of that's hard to avoid, of course, being sky,
but I still find myself wishing the photo had a stronger set of figures or
people interacting with each other or the face on the fountain.  Maybe a
lower, closer perspective with your 21mm?  Or maybe it might be interesting
to do a closer shot of people in the spray with the HUGE lips looming over
them?  Or you might get lucky and find a time when more people are running
around closer to where you were standing.  Anyway, I think that site could
provide you with plenty of photo opportunities.

Thanks for sharing,
Aaron