Subject: [Leica] decline in LUG membership
From: joelmail at mchsi.com (Joel Anderson)
Date: Mon Aug 9 11:18:06 2004

I confess that I sold my M6 for a "Leica" D70.  I am not at all
disappointed in the quality of the images, though I really miss the
rangefinder.  In any event, I don't count myself among those who "dumped"
the Leica.  I plan to get another one soon, but I could not justify keeping
both the M6 and the D70 when the M6 was hardly used simply due to the
nature of what I was doing.  I switched over to digital some time ago, but
I was perfectly happy with film capture.  Now, that isn't very
practical.  As soon as the D70 pays for itself, I will keep my eyes out for
a beat-up M2 or M3.  It won't get used all that much--but an M-something
feels good hanging from my shoulder and in my hands.  The DSLRs feel like
SLRs--which is fine, but not ideal.

Replies: Reply from timatherton at theedge.ca (Tim Atherton) (Photogs re-buying Leicas (was RE: [Leica] decline in LUG membership))
Message from DouglasMSharp at netscape.net (Douglas M. Sharp) ([Leica] decline in LUG membership)