Subject: [Leica] PAW: Tokyo Night Scenes
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Thu Aug 5 16:36:36 2004

Karen Nakamura  showed some interesting night shots of Tokyo.

> The Japan Photography list is a small listserv for English-speaking
> photographers in Japan. Soon after I had arrived in Tokyo, the
> listowner Juergen Sprecht posted a message inviting the members to a
> night photography shoot in the Shiodome/Ginza area on July 26. I had
> just settled into my new apartment, but it sounded like fun. These
> are the photographs from that night out:
>
>   http://photoethnography.com/gallery/paw2004/index10.html<<

Hi Karen,
Very interesting material and fine exposures all round.  But? Even though
I'm a great believer in B&W photography I can't imagine shooting night
scenes in Tokyo in B&W. Particulalrly in the Ginza!

Given how well lit the Ginza is, almost like daylight with a million various
coloured lights and reflections no matter which way one looks? Why did you
choose B&W and not colour?

Just a thought.
ted

Replies: Reply from mail at gpsy.com (Karen Nakamura) ([Leica] PAW: Tokyo Night Scenes)