Subject: [Leica] Disposal of chemistry
From: jls at runbox.com (Jeffery Smith)
Date: Sun Aug 1 14:26:02 2004

The silver ends up in the fix, which is relatively benign. It's the
developer that can be nasty. At least for B&W chemistry. As you said, if
you mixed acid and base together, you get water and some salts...pretty
boring.

The petrochemical plants between Baton Rouge and New Orleans dump tons
of nasty crap in the Mississippi routinely (one of the perks of being
next to the river). Most folks who can afford it DON'T drink Mississippi
River water, though we get it in our ice tea and cola. Dixie Beer
started using Abita Springs water years ago, and Abita Springs makes its
own beer as well using spring water.

Jeffery Smith
New Orleans, LA