Subject: [Leica] Film snobs and Tri-X
From: mail at gpsy.com (Karen Nakamura)
Date: Sun Aug 1 09:24:04 2004

>And why do film snobs eschew Kodak film, execpt for Tri-X?

Jesse -

Thanks for the kind words about my site. :-)

Hmmm...... good question. For me, it's not so much that I eschew
Kodak film, it's just that Fuji film beats Kodak in all of the
categories I care about.

Fuji Provia 100F is finer than any Ektachrome and scans very well
Fuji Profia 400F has the least grain of any 400 slide film
Fuji Acros 100 is one of the best 100 speed B&W films I've used

but there's no beating the "look" of Tri-X so I keep using it too.

Karen

--
Karen Nakamura

Replies: Reply from dstella1 at ameritech.net (Dante Stella) ([Leica] Film snobs and Tri-X)