Subject: [Leica] Bad Day
From: telyt at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Thu Jul 29 20:39:51 2004

on 7/29/04 5:23 PM, Adam Bridge at abridge@gmail.com wrote:

> I had just pulled into the drive way after running a few errands
> (picking up vast quantities of DI water for the new JOBO was one of
> them) and was walking to the front porch when I heard a huge cracking
> and turned to see this.
>
> <http://www.splitsecondfilms.com/2004-July/BadDay.jpg>
>
> <http://www.splitsecondfilms.com/2004-July/BackView.jpg>
>
> I ran in, had my wife call 9-1-1 in case someone was injured, grabbed
> the 10D and snapped a few dozen shots.
>
> Not a good day for our neighbors just back from Hawaii! And, to boot,
> it's a tree owned by the City.
>
> Not high art but definately good for a racing pulse.
>
> Adam
>
> I guess I could have used the R8, fired up the JOBO, quickly
> developed...naw, I'd miss the ball game.
>
> :)
>
> AB

This sort of thing happend to me every winter until *I* paid to get the
neighbor's cottonwood tree trimmed ... grrr ... there's nothing quite like
the anticipation of 2-ft-thick limbs crashing into the house.  Tina, at
least get the tree trimmed if not removed.  You'll sleep better at night.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com