Subject: [Leica] Re: fear and loathing on the campaign trail 2004
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Thu Jul 29 14:44:08 2004

Aaron Sandler offered:
>>My progress
> around the Secret Service guy was abruptly stopped when he placed his
> (surprising firm) hand square in the middle of my chest.  He leant over
and
> whispered something like "Sorry, you can't shoot from the stage."  But it
> was the way he said it: respectfully, with a smile, and without blame or
> anger.  Of course the message of his hand on my chest was still very
clear:
> I wasn't going to be going past him!  I came away with a great deal of
> respect for him; he had done his job well while still acting like a decent
guy.<<<

Hi Aaron,
Some of them are just like that and as cool as all get out real good guys
without making you feel "your the enemy!" Certainly when they say "No you
can't go there." with the smile of a new born, but the hand of a warrior.

I've more than once said, "Ooookkkkkayyyy! :-) Smiled and backed off to find
a better shoot location, which in many cases produced a better angle! "Thank
you officer!" ;-)

And as you said...
'nother bag of worms.<<<<,

Only one comment to that... "You betcha! Big time." Whether the President,
Prime Minister or Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.
ted

Message from ericm at pobox.com (Eric) ([Leica] Re: fear and loathing on the campaign trail 2004)
Message from aaron.sandler at duke.edu (Aaron Sandler) ([Leica] Re: fear and loathing on the campaign trail 2004)