Subject: [Leica] Epson R-D1 price revealed
From: bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Mon Jul 19 06:15:30 2004

I may, of course, be proven wrong on this - But I am absolutely
convinced that there is no way in hell Epson/Cosina put all the R&D
money and effort into this camera for it to be a "limited run" - I would
bet they are saying that as a 'face saving' measure should it be a flop.
So if it is determined that it will be discontinued, and thus is deeply
discounted, any time in the reasonably near future, it means it's
something you don't want. Otherwise, it will be sold at whatever the
standard U.S. street price is once it's imported. Which is to say -
don't hold your breath waiting for it to turn into the Leica "O."