Subject: [Leica] Reality Check re: Digital vs Film vs Cost
From: nicholsj at edge.net (JAMES NICHOLS)
Date: Wed Jul 14 09:33:33 2004

Sonny,
I thought I was the only one on LUG who would stoop to using Wal-Mart's 1-
hour processing.  I found that if I sent my film to their regular
processing lab, a Fuji Lab here in town, I had to pay for prints in order
to get a CD.  HOWEVER,  by using their 1-hour processing in the store, I
could get a CD plus an index print for about $5.60 plus tax.

To me, that is much less expensive than buying a top-line scanner.  The
only downside is that I still have 50 years of negatives that I would like
to someday scan selectively.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN

Frontier