Subject: [Leica] Photo: The Late Innings
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun Jul 11 16:05:22 2004

Adam Bridge showed :
 <http://www.splitsecondfilms.com/2004-July/TheLateInnings.jpg>

Then the alternate:
Subject: Re: [Leica] Photo: The Late Innings

> Thank you, B.D. I appreicate the feedback. And you're right as I look
> at it. My alternate is:
>
> <http://www.splitsecondfilms.com/2004-July/LateInnings-Alt1.jpg>
>
> and while it shows his father it doesn't do much better about showing
> it as being a ball park. Maybe a little, but I'd have needed to have
> pulled back further and then the crowd would have overwhelmed the
> image of the little boy....I think.<<<<<<

Adam,
The alternate is much better even though you don't see any more spectators.
But you do have a better feeling that it isn't some little guy sleeping,
where?

Maybe a wider angle lens to show more background with the boy and his father
still strong in the foreground would be the way I'd attack it.

Then the sleeping subject maintains the main point of interest without
loosing him amongst a lot of surrounding people. Let the people trail off
into the background even dropping out of focus.
ted

Replies: Reply from abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge) ([Leica] Photo: The Late Innings)
Message from abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge) ([Leica] Photo: The Late Innings)